What is an Adverse Event (side effect)?
An adverse event is any untoward medical occurrence in a patient administered a medicinal product and which does not necessarily have to have a causal relationship with this treatment. An adverse event can therefore be any unfavorable and unintended sign (for example, an abnormal laboratory finding), symptom, or disease temporally associated with the use of a medicinal product, whether or not considered related to this medicinal product.
- A consumer suffers from vomiting, after taking drug X for injury of leg due to accident.
- A female patient became pregnant while administering medicinal product X
- Consumer took double dose than prescribed accidently or consumer missed to take prescribed dose
- Patient was prescribed medicinal product X for hair loss though drug is not indicated for it.
- Patient could not see any effect of medicinal product X on his blood pressure.
- Nasal drops were ingested orally.
- Consumer continued using medicinal product X for gambling effect, though prescriber asked to discontinue
How can you report adverse event to us?
- You can report adverse event/side effect, quality defect issue and medicine related inquiries here by filling up a form.
- If you want to report adverse event/side effect, quality defect issue and medicine related inquiries through telephone, please call to us through the phone number mentioned in the medicine label or package insert.
- If you are not comfortable providing your information to us, you can alternatively report adverse event/side effect on TGA website (https://aems.tga.gov.au/)